Eat your heart out with the new Scoffers app
As the inaugural OctoberBEST draws to a close, you’re probably planning to buckle down and pause on extravagant dining-out habits until closer to Christmas. But let’s face it, that’s no fun at all. Lucky then, there’s a new iPhone app, which curates the best weekly food & drink offers, foodie events and pop-ups in Brighton & Hove (and London) for you.
Just like me, the guys at Scoffers aren’t big fans of chains, so the app is just focussed on supporting the best local independents near you.
To take advantage of the offers, download the app from the Apple App Store and either search by the list of daily live-updated offers, or by location via the map function. Then, click on the down arrow at the bottom of the offer to call and book, get directions or visit the website for more information.
Here’s a sample of some of the great restaurant offers in Brighton that I’ve spotted recently on the app:
- Semolina – 12pm-3pm
- 2 courses for £12, or 3 courses for £15
- Edendum -12pm-6pm
- 2 courses for £11.95
- Riddle & Finns (Lanes) – 12pm-7:15pm
- 2 courses for £12.95
- Food for Friends – 6pm-9pm
- 3 courses for £23.90
- Read my Food for Friends review here.
- Doughbo – 12pm-4pm
- 6 Doug Balls for £5
- The Ginger Dog – 12pm-3pm
- 2 courses for £15 (with a 125ml glass of wine or 1/2 – pint, Bedlam Pilsner or soft drink)
- The Chilli Pickle – 6pm-7pm
- Pre-theatre set menu
- Read my Chilli Pickle review here.
- The Salt Room – 6pm-7pm
- 2 courses for £17.50 or 3 courses for £20
- Read my Salt Room review here.
There’s also this short (43 second) video about Scoffers App, which if you watch carefully enough, you will spot me in! I’m tucking into a plate of scallops and crispy seaweed at 64 Degrees.
The last thing to say is that best of all – this app is entirely free – so you really can’t afford not to download it.
If you found this news useful please let me know by hitting the heart button below or, better still, leave me a comment.