Calphalon cookware is getting popular worldwide over the years because of its durability, low maintenance, and long life.
However, they require proper cleaning in order to keep them in good condition. Unlike other ordinary cookware, calphalon cookware is more prone to damage. A little exposure to high heat or distraction while cooking can lead to the burning of the pan and the buildup of food particles.
If you encounter such a problem, there are plenty of cleaning methods that you can use to easily wipe the burnt calphalon pans.
These methods work effectively to remove the food buildups, restore the shine of pans and make them look new.
In this article, I’ll explain how to clean burnt calphalon pans. Additionally, I’ll share some common cleaning tricks that you can use every day in your kitchen to get rid of stubborn stains on pans and pots. So, Let’s get started
What are calphalon pans?
Calphalon is the most famous American brand that makes hard anodized pots and pans.
These pans have unique nonstick surfaces that are made of anodized aluminium instead of the common nonstick coating material Teflon.
Calphalon pans and pots are durable, long-lasting, and resistant to corrosion. The thick aluminium coating allows these pans to withstand temperatures between 400-500 degrees Fahrenheit without being damaged.
The hard aluminium anodized finishing of calphalon pans makes them easy to clean. However, proper cleaning methods must be followed to remove stubborn stains. You can use regular dishwashing soap to clean the tough burnt food residues.
To clean the burnt calphalon pans, all you have to do is;
Things that you need
- Soapy solution
- Hold the burnt pan and bring it under warm water. Scrub the pan gently to remove the food particles sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the soapy solution into the pan that works extremely well without causing scratches.
- Take a soft scrubber and rub the surface of the pan gently. Make sure you do not use any harsh chemicals for cleaning the pan.
- Rinse the pan thoroughly under warm water to wipe away the food particles. If any residue is left, repeat the process until the pan is completely cleaned.
- Shake the pan to remove excess water.
- Wipe the pan with a soft microfibre towel for thorough drying.
Note: You can put the calphalon pans in the dishwasher for cleaning. However, it is wise to wash by hand because it will enhance their lifespan and prevent damage.
For deep cleaning
Sometimes, the burnt calphalon pans are too difficult to clean. A little carelessness might damage the temper of the pans and scratch the paint. That’s why you need to be very careful while cleaning these pans.
To make the cleaning process easier for you, we have enlisted some common household methods that you can use to wipe stubborn food stains on pans.
If the stains on the pan are very tough and are not removed with dishwashing liquids, make a vinegar solution. It will effectively clean the surface of your pan and make it shiny.
Things you need
The things that you need to make vinegar cleansing solution are as follows;
- Clean water
- Scrubbing brush or toothbrush
- Take a small bowl and pour water into it.
- Add vinegar of equal proportion to the bowl and stir it well to make a mixture.
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the pan with burnt stains.
- Boil the mixture at medium heat for at least 5-10 minutes. This will help to soften the stubborn food residue sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once it is done, turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down.
- Remove the mixture and scrub the bottom of the pan with a soft scrubbing brush to get rid of the remaining stains.
- Rinse the pan with water and let it dry.
- You can apply a shiner at the end of the cleaning procedure to restore the shine of the pan. (optional)
Salt and lemon juice
Some people hate the strong smell of vinegar. If you are one of them, you can apply this method for cleaning dirty burnt calphalon pans.
Salt and lemon juice work wonderfully together in eliminating the grease and burnt stains on your kitchen utensils. These ingredients restore the shine of pans and give them a pleasant smell.
- Lemon juice
- Take a bowl and pour some water into it.
- Add 2 tablespoons of salt and squeeze half a lemon in it.
- Mix the ingredients well for making a cleansing solution.
- Pour this solution into the pan with burnt stains.
- Heat this solution for a few minutes and let it in the pan for 30 minutes.
- Drain the solution from the pan.
- Take a scrubber and rub the surface gently to remove any residue left behind.
- Rinse the pan with hot water.
- Dry the pan thoroughly before storing. It will prevent bacterial growth.
Baking soda is an amazing household ingredient that you can use to clear tough burnt and grease stains.
When you apply a dense layer of baking soda paste to the stain, its alkaline PH neutralizes the acidic burnt food sticking to the surface of the pan. It clears the stains, restores the shine of the pan, and makes it look new.
Things you need
- Baking soda
- Take a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to it.
- Pour water into it and mix to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the burnt stains of the pan.
- Let the paste sit for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Scrub the pan with a brush gently to wipe away any remaining food particles that stick to the surface.
- Rinse the pan with hot water.
Cream of tartar
Cream of tartar is a great scouring and polishing agent that eliminates the tough stains and makes the surface of the pan shiny.
Take half a cup of cream of tartar and pour water into it. Mix it well to make a cleansing solution.
Pour the cleaning mixture into the dirty pan and heat at low flame. When the mixture starts boiling, stir it for 5-10 minutes.
After turning the flame off, remove the mixture from the stove and let it cool down for a few minutes. Take a scrubber and rub the bottom of the pan gently to get rid of stubborn food particles.
Once you are done, rinse the pan thoroughly with water. Lastly, you can apply a shiner to give your pan a glossy appearance.
Bleach is a strong and effective cleaning agent that you can use to fight any kind of stubborn stain. This cleaning solution clears the grease stains and gives the surface of the pan an amazing shine.
Things you need
- Take a bowl and pour some bleach into it.
- Add water and stir it well to make a powerful cleaning solution.
- Apply the bleach solution to the pan with burnt stains and food particles.
- Scrub the pan with a scrubber or toothbrush.
- Rinse the pan with water.
- Apply the soapy solution to the pan and rub gently to get rid of all residues of food and stains.
- Wash the pan with hot water.
Oil solution is one of the easiest and perfect ways to get rid of grease stains & stubborn food on the pans. The oil in the solution softens the stuck food particles and clears the surface deeply.
- Pour water into a pot and add 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Mix the oil well to make a solution.
- When the solution starts boiling, soak the pan with stains in it.
- Leave the pan in the oil solution for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the solution and rub it gently with a brush.
- Rinse the pan with fresh clean water to wipe away residues.
If you have a busy working schedule and don’t want to waste your time, use a dishwasher. It is the easiest and quick way to remove difficult stains on the calphalon pans.
All you have to do is;
- Fill the dishwasher with clean fresh water.
- Arrange plates on the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Set the timer and start the dishwasher.
The dishwasher will effectively clean the stains and make the pans shiny. Though, if the stains are stubborn, repeat the cycle a few times more.
Dishwashing liquid is a great way to scour mild burnt stains. When you pour liquid on the stains and rub the pan gently, its abrasive properties and alkaline nature wipe away the stuck food particles and make the pan shiny.
- Pour dishwashing liquid into the burnt areas of the pan.
- Heat the pan for 10 minutes on the stove at medium-low heat.
- Turn off the flame and let the pan cool down.
- Take a soft bristles brush and scrub the surface of the pan lightly.
- Once you are done, wash the pan with warm water.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dry the pan properly before storing it.
If you are tired of trying household methods for cleaning the tough stains on the bottom of calphalon pans, try the barkeeper’s friend. It will effectively clear the surface of the pan and make it glossy.
- Take the pan with stains and fill it with water.
- Add the barkeeper’s friend to the pan.
- Heat the mixture at a medium-low flame.
- Boil the mixture for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Let the mixture sit in the pan for 1 hour.
- Scrub the pan with the help of a soft brush.
- Rinse the pan with hot water thoroughly.
- Apply the soapy solution to the pan if you see any residue of food sticking to the surface.
- Clean the pan again with water.
What things should you consider while cleaning the calphalon pans?
To extend the life of your calphalon cookware, here are a few essential things that you should consider while cleaning utensils, especially pans and pots.
- Check the manual and read the instructions for cleaning the pans.
- Do not apply harsh chemicals for cleaning because their abrasive properties will damage the pans.
- Use simple microfibre towels or cotton cloth for cleaning the pans.
- Apply mild soapy solutions to the dirty pans and rub gently.
- Do not use steel or metallic wool for wiping the stains because it will scratch the paint and destroy the pan’s temper.
- While heating the cleansing solutions, avoid high temperatures.
- Dry the pan thoroughly with a microfibre towel to avoid bacteria or mold growth.
Care and maintenance tips for calphalon pans
For the maintenance and care of calphalon pans, there are plenty of useful tips that you can follow. These tips will help to extend the life of pans by maintaining their shine and preventing damage.
- Make sure you wash the pans and pots after every use. It will keep them in good condition for longer.
- Use a wooden spatula while cooking food in these pans and pots.
- Apply shiner after cleaning to make the surface of pans and pots glossy.
- Use warm water for rinsing the pans.
- Do not use harsh cleaners as they will scratch the surface of the pans.
- Before storing the pan, place them on a rack for thorough drying.
How do make calphalon pans look new?
Maintaining the calphalon cookware is not a difficult task. You can make the calphalon pans look new and glossy by doing a few basic things only.
Firstly, brush the pan with a little cooking oil or butter before frying eggs or any other food item as it will prevent the sticking of food to the bottom of the pan.
Secondly, wash the pans immediately after every use. It will keep the food residue from building up on the surface of the pan.
Lastly, dry the calphalon pans thoroughly before storage. It will prevent bacterial growth and scratches.
How to clean burnt calphalon nonstick bakeware?
To clean the burnt calphalon nonstick bakeware, follow the steps written below;
- Take a mild dishwashing soap or liquid.
- Pour the liquid into the dirty pots and baking pans.
- Use soft bristles brush and rub the surface gently.
- Rinse with warm water.
- If any residue remains, apply a soft scrub cleaner.
- Wash the bakeware thoroughly with water.
If you don’t have enough time to clean the bakeware by hand, you can put it in the dishwasher because calphalon bakeware is dishwasher safe.
How to clean burnt calphalon hard anodized calphalon pans?
Cleaning the hard-anodized calphalon pans is different from other non-stick pans. That’s why you should try a different technique.
To clean the pan, wash it first with warm water to remove the food residue. Take a scrubber and pour some soapy solution into the pan. Rub the pan for 5 minutes and rinse it with water. You can soak the pan in warm water in the end to ensure proper cleaning.
If the stains are too difficult to remove, you can apply copper cleanser to get rid of them quickly.
- Take a pot and fill it with water.
- Add some copper cleaner to the water.
- Boil the water for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down.
- Soak the pan in the water for one hour.
- Scrub the pan and rinse with water.
- Apply soap solution and give a quick rinse again.
Is calphalon pans worth buying?
Calphalon cookware is popular worldwide because of the aluminium anodized nonstick surfaces of pans and pots.
The thick aluminium coating makes these pans durable, long-lasting, and stronger than other ordinary pans.
Unlike Teflon-coated non-stick pans, calphalon pans have a longer lifespan. For instance, calphalon pans last for more than 5 years easily if you maintain them well whereas other nonstick pans last for 2-3 years maximum.
Besides that, calphalon pans can withstand higher temperatures without any damage to the temper. All these specifications collectively make the calphalon cookware worth buying.
Is calphalon toxic?
No, calphalon is not dangerous for human health. According to researchers, calphalon pans are non-toxic because they contain polytetrafluoroethylene on their surfaces.
If you take good care of calphalon pans and maintain them well, they will remain non-toxic throughout their lifespan.
How to prevent food from sticking to the bottom of a nonstick pan?
If the nonstick pan is in good condition, the food won’t stick to the bottom. However, if the surface is damaged and the paint is scratched, it will cause problems. The food will stick to the bottom of the pan and cause buildups that are difficult to remove.
To avoid this sticking of foods, here are some useful tips that you can follow;
- Do not heat the pan at high temperatures.
- Before cooking, preheat the pan to a low flame.
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature before cooking.
- Brush the surface of the pan with butter or oil to avoid the sticking of food.
- Add some ingredients first to the pan to check if the pan is hot enough or not. If not then heat it for a few minutes more.
- Do not add all the ingredients at once. Instead, heat them one by one to avoid overcrowding.
- Use a wooden spatula for cooking as it will prevent the scratching of paint and keep the food from sticking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Calphalon pans are a great addition to your kitchen because of their durability, long life, and low maintenance.
However, they require proper cleaning to ensure good condition. Sometimes due to high-temperature exposure or carelessness, the food sticks to the surface of the pan and burns it badly.
To fix these problems, you can use a mild soapy solution with warm water. It will clear the food residue and make the surface of the pan glossy.
Though, if the stains are too difficult to wipe, there are plenty of common household methods that you can apply to the burnt pan.
All these methods will efficiently clean the food stains, restore the shine of the pan and give it a pleasant smell.