Calphalon cookware is one of the most famous and expensive cookware worldwide. It is well-known because of the nonstick surfaces of pans and pots made of hard anodized aluminum instead of the common coating material Teflon.
Unlike other nonstick pans, calphalon pans make the cooking process much easier and require much less maintenance.
The calphalon pans are easy to wash. However, cleaning sometimes becomes tough because not all pans can go in the dishwasher. In addition, only a few calphalon pans are dishwasher-safe.
The reason is that when you put calphalon pans in the dishwasher, the harsh detergents and cleaning cycles can cause scratches & dents on the surface of the pan. This can lead to sticking and burning of food in the pan.
That’s why the kitchen experts recommend washing the calphalon pans by hand because it is the best way to keep them glossy and in good condition for longer.
How to wash a calphalon pan?
Cleaning the calphalon pan is extremely easy. You put the pan in the dishwasher with detergent, and once it is done, remove and store it.
As you know, some calphalon pans are not dishwasher-safe. For those pans, hand-washing should be your first preference because if you put them in the dishwasher, it will damage the nonstick coating and cause dents.
To wash the calphalon pans;
- Take the dirty calphalon pan and rinse it thoroughly under tap water.
- Next, rinse the interior and exterior of the pan to remove the food residue sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- If any residue remains, use warm water and give the pan a quick rinse.
- Take a soft sponge and dip it in a soapy solution.
- Scrub the pan gently for a few seconds. Make sure you do not use harsh chemicals, steel wool, or metal brush to clean the pan because these materials’ abrasive nature will wear off the pan and shorten its lifespan.
- Once you are done, wash the pan with warm water.
- Lastly, place the pan upside down to ensure it dries completely before you store it. You can use a kitchen towel as well to dry the pan.
If the stains are stubborn and are not eliminated after soap washing, take a pot and fill it with warm water. Submerge the pan in the water for at least 20-25 minutes and scrub gently to clean it.
How to clean a burnt calphalon pan?
Sometimes while cooking in the kitchen, a little carelessness leads to a big disaster: tough burnt food stains on the pans and pots.
If you encounter such a problem, don’t worry. We have an easy solution for you to clean these pans without much effort.
Lemon and salt solution
- Lemon juice
To make the cleaning solution, take a bowl with some water and add two tablespoons of salt. Squeeze at least half lemon in the salt solution to make it more effective.
Stir the ingredients well to make a cleansing solution. Pour this solution into the burnt pan and heat it for 5-10 minutes.
After this time, turn off the flame and let the solution cool down. Then, remove the solution from the pan and scrub it gently with a soft brush.
Wash the pan with water. If any residue remains, apply soapy solution and scrub the pan with a brush. Rinse the pan and let it dry. It will be clean, clear, and shiny as your new pan.
Baking soda solution
Baking soda has excellent cleaning properties, so you can apply baking soda paste on the burnt pans to remove tough stains and stick food particles.
Things you need to make the solution
- Baking soda
- Take a bowl and pour water into it.
- Add baking soda to the water and mix it well to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to the burnt pan and leave it for a few minutes. You can leave the paste for an hour.
- Take a soft sponge and rub the pan gently to remove the food pieces and stains sticking to the pan’s surface.
- Once you are done, rinse the pan with warm water.
- You can apply oil to the pan to make the surface glossy.
How can you restore the shine of calphalon pans?
Calphalon pans are undoubtedly durable and long-lasting. However, these pans lose their natural shine and non-sticking nature due to carelessness and dishwashing. As a result, they start wearing off quickly.
To avoid these problems, there are plenty of common methods that you can use. These methods will restore the shine of calphalon pans and extend their lifespan.
Bar Keepers friend
Bar keepers friend is an amazing cleaning chemical for the stubborn stains on calphalon pans and pots. This chemical eliminates the food stains on the pans and makes them shiny and attractive.
To use bar keepers, friend.
- Rinse the pans with food stains under tap water.
- When the large food particles are flushed away, sprinkle the bar keeper’s friend on the pan.
- Leave the chemical on the pan only for 5-10 minutes because it has an abrasive nature that can cause damage to the pan.
- Take a soft scrubber and rub the surface of the pan gently.
- Rinse the pan thoroughly with water.
Vinegar and baking solution
If you are not interested in buying some cleaning agents from the market, you can make your cleaning solution at home from common household ingredients.
Things you need
- Baking soda
- Take a small bowl and pour water into it.
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda and 3-4 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Mix the ingredients well with the help of a spoon.
- Pour this solution into the pan.
- Place the pan on the stove and heat the solution for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let the solution cool down.
- Scrub the pan and rinse it with fresh water.
- Lastly, brush the pan with 2-3 drops of oil.
Vinegar and baking soda work extremely well to remove the stains and restore dull calphalon pans’ shine.
Calphalon dormond is a polish for pans and pots. It effectively cleans the greasy food stains from the surface pans and gives them an unmatched shine and luster.
- Take the pan and rinse it to remove the food residues.
- Apply calphalon dormond polish on the surface of the pan with the help of a soft circular sponge. Make sure you apply the polish evenly.
- Leave the polish for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the pan with water.
- Scrub the pan with a sponge to get rid of the remaining particles.
- Give a quick rinse again.
- Lastly, place the pan upside down or use a kitchen towel to dry it thoroughly before storing it.
How long do calphalon pans last?
Unlike other nonstick pans, calphalon pans are made of hard anodized aluminum, making them durable and long-lasting. In addition, these pans contain polytetrafluoroethylene, which makes them strong and resistant to corrosion.
Calphalon pans can last for 3-5 years easily. However, if you take good care and maintain them regularly, they will last even more.
The thick nonstick coatings of calphalon pans make them heat resistant, which means they can tolerate high temperatures without breaking down.
Besides that, the hard anodized aluminum coating of calphalon pans distributes the heat evenly and prevents the pans from wearing off quickly.
Can calphalon pans go in the dishwasher?
All calphalon pans can’t go in the dishwasher. Only a few types of calphalon pans are dishwasher-safe. So, you should check the label carefully before putting the pans in the washer.
As you know, calphalon pans are made of hard anodized aluminum instead of the common nonstick material Teflon. When you put these pans in the dishwasher, the repeated cleaning cycles of the dishwasher cause collision of the calphalon pans with other kitchen utensils.
The collision can damage the delicate nonstick coating and cause dents on the surface of pans.
Secondly, the harsh cleaning detergents that you use for cleaning food residues from pans can scratch the paint and polish of calphalon pans & make them dull.
That’s why the experts recommend cleaning the calphalon pans by hand, as it keeps the pan in good condition and extends its lifespan.
Pans that can go in the dishwasher
- Calphalon stainless steel pans
- Calphalon premier pans
- Calphalon hard anodized pans
- Calphalon William Sonoma elite pans
- Contemporary nonstick pans
- Calphalon tri-ply set
Pans that can’t go in the dishwasher
The pans that can’t go in the dishwasher are as follows;
- Calphalon classic nonstick pans
- Calphalon classic ceramic pans
- Calphalon pre-seasoned cast iron pans
How to clean calphalon pans in the dishwasher?
If you use a dishwasher to clean the calphalon pans, here are a few things you need to do.
- Prewash the calphalon pans with a soapy solution and a soft sponge. It will minimize the time of cleaning the dishwasher.
- Fill the dishwasher with clean, fresh water.
- Arrange the pan in the dishwasher’s top rack.
- Set the temperature and time of the dishwasher.
- Start the dishwasher to clean the pan.
- If stubborn stains, you can repeat the cycles a few times.
Make sure you don’t use the dishwasher’s drying cycle because its high temperature and hot air can cause discoloration and damage the pan.
What can you do with old calphalon pans?
If you have an old calphalon pan, you can use it for making food after restoring its shine and non-sticking ability by different methods.
Though, if it is ruined completely and can’t be used in any way, you should send the pan to the company and get a new one. The company will recycle the old pan and use its material to make a new one.
Besides that, you can give the old pans to the metal scrap facilitates or use them to plant some vegetables.
How to treat discoloration in calphalon pans?
Due to regular usage and washing, the calphalon pans lose their shine and become dull and stained. If you are facing the same problem, don’t worry. Here are some common methods you can use to treat discolored calphalon pans.
- Take a pot and pour water into it.
- Put the pot on the stove and turn on the flame.
- Add vinegar to the water and stir it well.
- Heat the solution for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let the solution cool down.
- Add a dull stained pan to the solution
- Add soapy solution to the vinegar solution.
- Take a scrubber and rub the surface of the pan gently.
- Give the pan a quick rinse.
Vinegar and soap will work effectively to clean the tough food stains on the pan and make its surface attractive and shiny again.
- Take the flat pan which you want to clean.
- Wet the pan with water.
- Sprinkle the bar keeper friend on the pan.
- Take a sponge or soft dish brush to rub the pan’s surface for a few minutes.
- Rinse the powder with water and let the pan dry.
Bar keepers friend is a strong cleaning agent that will restore the gloss and luster of your pan by clearing the stains and grease.
What tips should you consider for maintaining calphalon pans?
The essential tips that you should consider for maintaining the calphalon pans are as follows;
- Do not put the calphalon pans in the dishwasher to clean the food residues even if it is labeled dishwasher-safe.
- Do not use steel wool or metallic bristle brush to clean the surface of calphalon pans.
- Use a soft sponge or kitchen towel to rub the pan to prevent scratches.
- Avoid harsh chemicals on the calphalon pans because they can damage the pan’s material and cause scratches.
- Instead of using metal or plastic spoons, use a wooden spatula in calphalon pans for cooking food.
- Ensure you don’t expose the pan to high heat that it does not tolerate.
- Wash the calphalon pan immediately after every use.
- Try to wash the dirty calphalon pan in warm water instead of cold water.
- Before storing the calphalon pan, make sure it dries thoroughly.
Are calphalon pans guaranteed for life?
Normally the calphalon pans can last for 3-5 years easily. Some calphalon pans and pots have a ten years life warranty.
This warranty is only applicable if there is any technical fault in the cookware you bought from the market.
However, if the pan is damaged due to your carelessness, then the company won’t be responsible for that, and they will not replace the damaged pan with a new one.
Frequently Asked Question
Calphalon cookware is famous worldwide due to its nonstick coating. These pans are durable, long-lasting, and require very less maintenance.
These pans are easy to clean. You can put the calphalon pans in the dishwasher for cleaning; however, not all types are dishwasher-safe.
To clean calphalon pans, hand washing is preferable. It extends the life of your pan and prevents scratching.